Northern Alarm Protection Co. Ltd., hereafter known as NAP, has been a security provider for residential, commercial and industrial customers for more than 30 years. NAP also provides security sales, service and installations for other companies who contract NAP to perform these specific functions. Our Privacy Code is also applicable to any and all of these other companies NAP may conduct business under. For a complete listing of these companies, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Code
At NAP, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We respect your privacy and want you to be assured that we will only collect, use and disclose your personal information for identified business purposes and reasons that you contract us for.
We want you to know why we ask for your personal information, how we use your personal information in establishing and maintaining our service to you, how we keep your personal information confidential, and how you can inquire about the personal information we hold about you.
What Is Personal Information?
The term “personal information” refers to information that specifically identifies you as an individual and is provided to or collected by us. It includes information that you provide or that we collect from other sources with your permission, such as your name and address, telephone numbers, home or business environment, gender and marital status, family composition, banking or credit card records, payment history and credit references.
In general, you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information as long as the lack of information does not result in our inability to fulfill your contract with us.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information directly from you or from third parties with your authorization:
- Through your contacts with our employees including our sales and service consultants, service technicians, customer care representatives, responders and monitoring station operators.
- Through your visits to our website. In general, you can visit our website to access information while choosing to remain anonymous and not revealing any personal information.
- Through your other interaction with us. For example, through your payment history.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information so that we can provide the security products and services you request. Specifically, we use your information:
- To understand your security needs.
- To determine the suitability of products and services for you.
- To keep you updated of any new products and services we offer.
- To verify your identity.
- In setting up an alarm response action plan, including your pass codes.
- In validating or cancelling an alarm.
- In response to any queries you may have regarding your account.
- To dispatch the appropriate authorities or responders.
- To determine creditworthiness.
- To collect and process payment for services provided.
Your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information for any of these “Identified Purposes” is implied when you provide us with your personal information or give us the permission to collect the information from third parties.
Confidentiality of Your Personal Information
At NAP, we are obliged to keep your personal information confidential except under the following special circumstances:
- We will disclose your specific personal information to a third party if and when authorized by you, i.e. providing an alarm certificate to your insurance company.
- We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to
- Comply with the law or with legal process.
- Protect and defend our rights and property.
- Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website.
- Protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone
else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
- We will disclose personal information where permitted by law, i.e. employing reasonable and legal methods to determine creditworthiness and collect a delinquent
- We will not give, sell, rent, or loan any of your personal information to any third party (with the exception of third parties performing functions on our behalf who have an
obligation to keep your information completely confidential).
How We Safeguard Your Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information.
Our employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access. As a condition of employment, our employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement binding them to this responsibility. Furthermore, we keep our employees informed about our policies for protecting personal information and reinforce the importance of complying with them.
We sometimes contract outside organizations to perform specialized services such as data processing, alarm system servicing, alarm system monitoring and private guard service. Our trusted service suppliers may at times be responsible for handling some of the information we receive from you. But they are given only access to information necessary to perform those services. In addition, they are prohibited from storing, analyzing or using that information for purposes other than to carry out the service they have been contracted to provide.
On Our Website
For our internal purposes, we gather date, time, browser type, the name your Internet service provider, the site that referred you to us, any pages you requested, navigation history and IP address of all visitors to our site. This information does not contain anything that can identify users personally. We use this information for our internal security audit log, trend analysis and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base for aggregate use.
We use this information to generate statistics and measure site activity to benefit northernalarmprotection.com users. This same information may be shared with third parties in order to provide these services or to analyze, store, or aggregate the information. It may also be shared with other third parties, working with us to improve the services of NAP or this website.
When you fill out forms to provide us with your personal information such as your name, telephone number, address or email address to request more information from us, NAP will take all commercially reasonable steps to establish a secure connection with your web browser. We will treat and safeguard personal information collected on the website the same way as if the information is collected through other means.
Whenever our website contains links to other non-NAP websites, although we always try to link only to websites that share our concern for customer information privacy, we are not responsible for their contents or their privacy practices.
Accessing, Verifying and Amending Your Personal Information
As our customer, you have the right to access information held in your personal file with us. Whenever you want to review or verify your personal information, contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Please be as specific as possible about which personal information you are requesting. We will try to respond to your requests as soon as possible.
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your personal information. Please keep us up-to-date on any changes. Should you discover any errors in your review of your personal information, please advise us immediately.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need it to effectively provide services to you. NAP shall use care when storing or destroying your personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.